L. Lin Wood, attorney for Nick Sandmann, interviewed with Mark Levin on “Life, Liberty & Levin” where he revealed that CNN is going to be hit with a massive lawsuit worth $250 million for alleged “vicious” and “direct attacks” on the Covington Catholic High School student.
Sandmann, became a target for the media and the left after a video of him standing face-to-face with a Native American man, Nathan Phillips, because he wore a red Make America Great Again hat. (Video Below)
Nick Sandmann and the Covington students were initially accused of initiating a confrontation, but other videos prove that the students were verbally attacked by a mob of Black Hebrew Israelites, who yelled racial slurs at the kids, and Phillips approached Sandmann.
Wood announced his decision to sue CNN for their bias reporting and coverage of Sandmann and said, “CNN was probably more vicious in its direct attacks on Nicholas than The Washington Post. And CNN goes into millions of individuals’ homes.”
“They really went after Nicholas with the idea that he was part of a mob that was attacking the Black Hebrew Israelites, yelling racist slurs at the Black Hebrew Israelites. Totally false…. saying things like Nicholas was part of group that was threatening the Black Hebrew Israelites, that they thought there was going to be a lynching.” Wood fired back. (Video Below)
“Now you say you’ve seen the tape; if you took the time to look at the full context of what happened that day, Nicholas Sandmann did absolutely nothing wrong. He was, as I’ve said to others, he was the only adult in the room. But you have a situation where CNN couldn’t resist the idea that here’s a guy with a young boy, that Make America Great Again cap on. So they go after him.” Wood explained.
Wood continued: “The CNN folks were online on Twitter at 7 a.m retweeting the little one-minute propaganda piece that had been put out. … They’re out there right away going after this young boy. And they maintain it for at least two days. Why didn’t they stop and just take an hour and look through the Internet and find the truth and then report it? Maybe do that before you report the lies. They didn’t do it. They were vicious. It was false. CNN will be sued next week. And the dollar figure in CNN case, may be higher than The Washington post.” He announced.
Wood then revealed the timing of the suit and said, it will be issued “Monday, Tuesday at the latest.” (Video Below)
“I’ve got some young, smart lawyers that are working hard as we speak. Double-checking, and listen, when we file complaints, we’ve investigated it, because we want to get it right. Maybe CNN can learn from that.” Wood said bluntly.
Asked by Levin how much he was going to sue CNN for, Wood said, “I expect because of the way they went after Nicholas so viciously, that the claim for his reputational damage will be higher than it was against The Washington Post.” He added, “The Post was $50 million for the reputational damage… $200 million in punitive damages — punitive damages are designed to punish and to deter.”
“I would think the punitive-damage award against CNN that we’ll seek will be at least the same $200 million as it was against The Washington Post. But the compensatory damage to Nicholas’s reputation, that number I expect will be higher.” Wood noted. (Video Below)