Beto Ends His 2020 Presidential Run, Trump Responds: “[He] Dropped Out Despite Him Saying He Was ‘Born’ For This”

[Image Source: The View & Fox News Video Screenshots. The Freedom Times Compilation]

Robert Francis “Beto” O’Rouke announced on Twitter Friday afternoon in a series of tweets that he is ending his 2020 presidential campaign.

In a statement, Beto said that his campaign “does not have the means to move forward successfully” because of cash. The former Texas congressman had been lagging for months in single digits in public opinion polls and was at risk of not qualifying for the November debate.

O’Rouke tweeted on Friday:

“Our campaign has always been about seeing clearly, speaking honestly, and acting decisively. In that spirit: I am announcing that my service to the country will not be as a candidate or as the nominee.”

“I am grateful to all the people who made up the heart and soul of this campaign. You were among the hundreds of thousands who made a donation, signed up to volunteer or spread the word about this campaign and our opportunity to help decide the election of our lifetime.”

“Let us continue to fearlessly champion the issues and causes that brought us together. Whether it is ending the epidemic of gun violence or dismantling structural racism or successfully confronting climate change, we will continue to organize and mobilize and act.”

“We will work to ensure that the Democratic nominee is successful in defeating Donald Trump in 2020. I can tell you firsthand from having the chance to know the candidates, we will be well served by any one of them, and I’m going to be proud to support whoever she or he is. Thank you for making this campaign possible, and for continuing to believe that we can turn this moment of great peril into a moment of great promise for America and the world,” he wrote.

“Mr. O’Rourke made the decision to quit the race in the middle of this week, on the eve of a gathering Friday of Democratic presidential candidates in Iowa, according to people familiar with his thinking. He is not expected to run for any other office in 2020, despite persistent efforts by party leaders and political donors to coax him into another bid for the Senate,” reported the New York Times.

President Trump immediately responded on Twitter to the news of Beto ending his campaign: “Oh no, Beto just dropped out of race for President despite him saying he was ‘born for this.’ I don’t think so!” the President expressed.

In March, Beto told Vanity Fair in an interview, “I’m just born to be in it, and want to do everything I humanly can for this country at this moment.” (Continued Below)

Beto O’Rourke’s signature proposal was a mandatory buyback of what he called “assault weapons”.

President Trump’s official tweet:

Beto O’Rouke’s official tweets:

(Continued Below)

We leave you with reaction from Fox News’ “The Five”on Beto dropping out:

(Related: Beto O’Rourke Accuses Trump Of ‘Encouraging’ Violence, Candace Owens Swipes Back: ‘You Will Never Be President’)